Sunday, August 16, 2009

Dyeing with Kool-Aid!



Strange stuff this Kool Aid- you drink it apparently, I'd hate to see the colour of your insides afterwards though.

Lots of fun to dye with though, and it smells really good too, my microwave still smells like berries

Very simple to use, basically as per the normal food colouring dyeups, not much vinegar required (or any really) as there is enough citric acid in the fruit drink mixes already. I mixed up the sachets in a few tablespoons of water and applied as previous, then microwaved to set.

this is my first effort with Kool-aid, grape, berry blue, lemonade, strawberry and orange flavours

the next two skeins I just had fun playing with the leftover Koolaid and some new food colours from the bakery. I will actually use the last as a contrast for another Kaia Babydoll for my niece's 1st birthday. Pic of all 3 here, and balled below.

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe that something that comes in colours like that and is strong enough to dye wool is safe to drink! Ick!
    Bel P2P

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe, I wouldn't drink it thats for sure! Although it does smell yummy when the wool is cooking :)

    ReplyDelete